FSSC 22000 vs FSMA Comparison
FSSC 22000 aligns with FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food (Final Rule). To help make this determination, an independent evaluation of FSSC 22000 was compared to FSMA requirements by The Acheson Group (TAG). In summary, TAG found that “FSSC 22000 often exceeds FDA requirements” and “where FSSC 22000 is not exceeding, the scheme requirements are in very large measure comparable to those of the Final Rule” TAG: April 2016. Learn more.
Need help with Supplier and/or Foreign Supplier Verification to meet FSMA requirements? LRQA can help! Explore our FSMA services, and contact us to discuss your requirements.
FSSC 22000 Revision: Version 4.1
FSSC 22000 launched version 4.1 in July 2017, which reflects several developments in the market that have emerged since version 4 was launched in late 2016. Also, the FSSC Board of Stakeholders has determined that all certified sites shall be audited against FSSC 22000 v4 starting from January 1, 2018.
Find out more..
In the News:
FSSC 22000 Certification + Supplier and Second Party Audits
FSSC 22000 helps address the fragmentation of standards across the food industry; however, in response to food scares, major manufacturers and retailers have introduced bespoke standards which can now be harmonized by using FSSC 22000 as a base, and adding specific additional requirements as necessary.
One of LRQA’s specialisms is working with leading food and beverage organizations to develop their own food safety program that is compliant with FSSC 22000 and/or deliver a range of certification and training services to help an organization assess both its and its supply chain’s compliance with all necessary elements of modern, internationally recognized food safety management. Explore LRQA’s second party audit, supplier quality assurance, supplier verification and supply chain assurance services.
Benefits of FSSC 22000
Effective management systems and independent certification are the two key drivers of a successful food-safety culture. FSSC 22000 is designed to:
- Drive the international harmonization and transparency of food safety standards, with a global standard that everyone recognizes
- Ensure that your whole network of processes will be assessed and monitored using the process-based approach – the systematic identification and management of interacting processes.
- Streamline control of internal processes to help minimize significant food risks.
- Customers and stakeholders will see that you take a serious and managed approach to food safety.
- Increase and improve brand protection and supply chain management
- Help ensure preventive and corrective approaches to food safety management.
- Create greater transparency and addresses the fragmentation of standards across the food industry and can be easily integrated into an organization’s own food safety program
- More efficient and effective third party auditing that ease the burden on the organization and its regulators who can use the standard as a first point of assessment
- Create cost savings through process efficiencies and streamlined internal and external auditing
Why choose LRQA for FSSC 22000?
Trusted experience - LRQA has been at the forefront of food safety standards development and is a market leader in ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 certiﬁcation and training. This is why many of the world’s leading food, beverage, packaging and animal feed manufacturers choose LRQA.
Technical expertise – LRQA food safety technical experts contributed toward the development of HACCP, ISO 22000, PRPs and FSSC 22000, giving your organization and your supply chain the confidence that you’re working with experts in food safety management systems. Our food safety assessors and technical specialists have some of the most extensive ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 experience in the world. Many are hand-selected to provide input into the work of the ISO technical committees as well as the Foundation for Food Safety Certification and are able to provide first-hand insight into requirements of the standard and its logic.
Accreditation - Globally, LRQA has been independently accredited by UKAS for ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 certification.
Proven client satisfaction – Year after year, LRQA clients continue to report high satisfaction ratings of our service and technical support, and many recommend LRQA to their colleagues and industry peers.
Impartiality and objectivity – With no shareholders of our own, we are independent and impartial in everything we do. We are committed to acting with integrity and objectivity at all times.
Assessment methodology – LRQA helps you manage your systems and risks to improve and protect the current and future performance of your organization. Our approach is built on three pillars and extends the focus beyond the certificate to an assessment approach designed to help organizations meet their strategic objectives. And we’re confident that LRQA further helps our food and beverage clients minimize and better manage their food safety risks.
FSSC 22000 Training – LRQA offers an extensive range of FSSC 22000 training courses that are recognized by the Foundation for Food Safety Certification, owners of the FSSC standard.