ISO 14001:2015 is the internationally recognized environmental management system (EMS) standard for organizations looking to manage its environmental impacts and responsibilities.
"LRQA has helped us to improve the operational performance of the whole business. The knowledge and experience of the LRQA assessors, coupled with the understanding of our business and the markets that we serve, has helped to ensure that environmental improvements are in line with the needs of the business."
Enviromental Manager, ALcontrol
ISO 14001:2015 certification is applicable to and can benefit any organization – irrespective of size, industry or type of product or service delivered – and can provide assurance to company management, employees and external stakeholders that environmental impacts are being measured and improved.
LRQA provides accredited ISO 14001:2015 certification, ISO 14001:2015 training including IRCA certified courses, and LRQA ISO 14001 gap analysis services for many of the world’s leading organizations.
A key requirement of the ISO 14001:2105 standard is the evaluation of risks and opportunities, and LRQA’s unique approach to certification means that in addition to ensuring your conformance to the standard, we can also focus on identifying opportunities for improvement and your key risks through the use of carefully themed ISO 14001:2105 certification assessments.
ISO 14001:2015 vs ISO 14001:2004
Find out more about the ISO 14001:2015 revision.
Benefits of ISO 14001 certification
ISO 14001certification helps you to create a systematic framework to drive continual improvement, providing a competitive advantage for your organization because it:
- helps to reduce and eliminate reactive environmental strategies such as clean-ups and litigation that can result in legal penalties
- helps to manage and improve performance in key metric areas such as lower energy usage, waste reduction, increased recycling, and lower raw material and consumable costs
- provides a management system foundation that enables you to continually improve and build sustainable initiatives into existing business practices
- enables you to work with organizations who place an emphasis on environmentally friendly organizations
- reflects global consensus of good environmental practices
- ISO 14001 integrates easily with other standards, such as ISO 9001 (quality), FSSC 22000 or ISO 22000 (food safety), OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety), and ISO 50001 (energy management), helping to ensure continual improvement in all areas of your operations and business processes.
Why choose LRQA for ISO 9001 certification?
ISO 14001 certification from LRQA publicly demonstrates your commitment to environmental protection and improvement while directly providing substantial bottom-line savings, offering a competitive advantage for your business. LRQA offers:
- Trusted experience - More than half of the world’s top 200 companies choose LRQA. Our experts has been at the forefront of standards development and a market leader in ISO 14001 certiﬁcation and training for years, and LRQA was actually the first certification body to become accredited by UKAS to deliver ISO 14001 certification.
- Technical expertise - Our assessors and technical specialists have some of the most extensive ISO 14001 and environmental management experience in the world. Many are hand-selected to provide input into the work of the ISO technical committees and are able to provide first-hand insight into requirements of the standard and the standard’s logic.
- Accreditation - Globally, LRQA has been independently accredited by multiple accreditation bodies to provide ISO 14001 certification.
- Proven client satisfaction - Year after year, LRQA clients continue to report overall satisfaction rating of our service and technical support.
- Impartiality and objectivity - With no shareholders of our own, we are independent and impartial in everything we do. We are committed to acting with integrity and objectivity at all times.
- Assessment methodology - LRQA helps you manage your systems and risks to improve and protect the current and future performance of your organization. Our approach is built on three pillars and extends the focus beyond the certificate to an assessment approach designed to help organizations meet their strategic objectives. This is why we’re confident that LRQA will help clients transition to the ISO 14001:2015 standard with ease.
ISO 14001:2015 Training
LRQA offers a range of ISO 14001:2015 Training Courses to your team – from beginners to seasoned quality management personnel and your organization’s leadership. Browse ISO 14001:2015 Training.