ISO 50001 is an international standard developed by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) which provides organisations with the requirements for energy management systems. ISO estimates that the standard could influence up to 60% of the world’s energy use.
Benefits of ISO 50001
ISO 50001 provides public and private sector organizations with a single, harmonized standard and a logical and consistent methodology for identifying and implementing improvements to:
- Increase energy efficiency
- Reduce costs and
- Improve energy performance
In addition, ISO 50001 enables an organization to:
- Maintain its competitive edge - through improved environmental performance, productivity and compliance
- Minimize and reduce risk through increased energy security
- Meet internationally established best practice for organizational energy management, create transparency and facilitate communication on the management of its energy resources.
Why choose LRQA for ISO 50001?
- Experience - LRQA has been at the forefront of standards development and involved in assessment and certiﬁcation of the Energy Management System (EnMS) standards since the start.
- Proven track record - We have a high-proﬁle reputation with environmental management system certification and have transferred this knowledge into the energy management system arena.
- Energy management specialists - Our assessors are management systems experts, qualiﬁed in environmental and energy management and other aspects of energy services.
What is ISO 50001 certification?
ISO 50001 establishes a framework for industrial plants, commercial, institutional, and governmental facilities as well as entire organisations to promote energy management best practices and reinforce good energy management behaviours.
The standard offers guidance on benchmarking, measuring, documenting and reporting energy improvements and projected greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions. ISO 50001 can also assist facilities in evaluating and prioritising the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies.
Our experienced and knowledgeable assessment teams can help your organisation by offering a transparent and manageable transition from an existing energy or environmental management system such as ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 certification. In addition, our staged approach will help ensure your accredited ISO 50001 certification is cost-effective with minimal disruption to your organization.
Our unique Business Assurance strategy delivers tangible business benefits through a combination of a structured project management approach and clear communication.