TL 9000 is a two part system with both management and measurement components. TL 9000 was developed by QuEST Forum in 1998 as an extension to ISO 9001 for the telecommunications industry, and organizations certified to TL9000 are required to be fully compliant with ISO 9001.
In addition to the requirements of ISO 9001, there are additional requirements for organizations to:
- Establish and maintain a common set of quality requirements, reducing the number of standards for the telecoms industry
- Drive continuous improvement and enhance customer relationships
- Define cost and performance based measurements to guide progress and evaluate implementation.
In addition to being fully compliant with ISO 9001, all organizations are expected to comply with:
- Telecom specific requirements for registrations
- Telecom specific requirements for hardware, software and/or service registrations
- Specific industry measurements in all product categories
- Specific measurements for certain product categories for hardware, software and/or services also apply.
Benefits of TL 9000
- Competitive edge - Demonstrate to your customers that quality is a priority and set yourself apart from the competition
- Minimize risk - Identify and prevent risks at an early stage to protect your supply chain
- Best Practice - Demonstrate your commitment to quality and industry requirements with a management system certified to TL 9000
- Reduced costs - By Identifying and preventing risks before they occur, you can protect your bottom line
Why choose LRQA for TL 9000?
Trusted experience - LRQA has been at the forefront of standards development and a market leader in ISO 9001 certiﬁcation and training for more than 25 years. More than half of the world’s leading ﬁnance, telecommunications, software and internet companies choose LRQA.
Technical expertise – Our assessors and technical specialists have some of the most extensive ISO 9001 and TL 9000 experience in the world. Many are hand-selected to provide input into the work of the ISO technical committees and are able to provide first-hand insight into requirements of the standard and the standard’s logic.
Accreditation - Globally, LRQA has been independently accredited by multiple accreditation bodies to provide both ISO 9001 and TL9000 certification.
Proven client satisfaction – Year after year, LRQA clients continue to report overall satisfaction rating of our service and technical support.
Impartiality and objectivity – With no shareholders of our own, we are independent and impartial in everything we do. We are committed to acting with integrity and objectivity at all times.
Assessment methodology – LRQA helps you manage your systems and risks to improve and protect the current and future performance of your organization. Our approach is built on three pillars and extends the focus beyond the certificate to an assessment approach designed to help organizations meet their strategic objectives.
This is why we’re confident that LRQA will help clients transition to the ISO 9001:2015 standard with ease, providing a significant advantage to organizations seeking certification to TL9000.