Food Manufacturing Industry
The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety – first published in 1998 and now in its 7th issue. The standard is for food manufacturers and contains requirements for a HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) system in accordance with the requirements of Codex Alimentarius, a documented quality management system and control of the factory environment standards, products, process and personnel.
The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
In addition to HACCP, the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety 7 focuses on:
- Management commitment
- Quality management systems
- Auditing good manufacturing processes
- Auditing areas that often have the highest rate of product recalls and withdrawals
- Developing systems to reduce exposure to food fraud
- Ensuring consistency of audit processes
- Promoting greater resilience, transparency and traceability in the supply chain
BRC Food 7 and BRC FSMA Voluntary Module
To support alignment with the US Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), the standard has introduced the BRC FSMA Voluntary Module which can be added to a BRC Global Standard for Food Safety audit. The module brides the gap in requirements between FSMA and the BRC Standard.
Benefits of BRC Global Standard for Food Safety
- Legal requirements – addresses 'due diligence' requirements of both the supplier and the retailer.
- Competitive edge – Certification to a standard recognized by the GFSI and some of the world's top food retailers.
- Reduce costs – through continual improvement of processes and resulting in operations efficiencies.
- Standards integration – can be combined with additional certification such as ISO 9001 and HACCP.
Why choose LRQA for BRC Global Standard for Food Safety?
Trusted experience - LRQA has been at the forefront of food safety standards development, support of the Global Food Safety Initiative and is a market leader in BRC food safety certiﬁcation. This is why many of the world’s leading food, beverage, packaging and ingredients companies choose LRQA.
Technical expertise – LRQA food safety technical experts contribute toward the development and continual improvement of food safety standards, giving your organization and your supply chain the confidence that you’re working with experts. Our food safety assessors and technical specialists have some of the most extensive BRC experience in the world.
Accreditation - Globally, LRQA has been independently accredited by UKAS for BRC global standard for food safety certification.
Proven client satisfaction – Year after year, LRQA clients continue to report high satisfaction ratings of our service and technical support, and many recommend LRQA to their colleagues and industry peers.
Impartiality and objectivity – With no shareholders of our own, we are independent and impartial in everything we do. We are committed to acting with integrity and objectivity at all times.
Assessment methodology – LRQA helps you manage your systems and risks to improve and protect the current and future performance of your organization. Our approach is built on three pillars and extends the focus beyond the certificate to an assessment approach designed to help organizations meet their strategic objectives. And, we’re confident that LRQA further helps our food and beverage clients minimize and better manage their food safety risks.
Contact LRQA Today for your no-obligation BRC Food 7 and BRC FSMA Voluntary Module quotation.