What is Farm Assurance Certification?
LR RA00 is an online farm assurance self-assessment certificate, which will be piloted by some of the world’s best known brands, that provides a very visible level of assurance within the complex supply chains found in the food industry. It forms part of a complete remote assurance framework developed by LRQA and powered by greenfence, which will enable supply chain owners and stakeholders to select the level of assurance required and suppliers will be able to achieve assurance online.
Suppliers can achieve this level of assurance through an online self-assessment which requires a completed questionnaire and the upload of relevant documentation to the greenfence platform, which can be accessed by computer, tablet or smartphone. The information required typically covers the farm’s capabilities, systems, processes and relevant licenses. No physical site visit is required as the whole process takes place online and can be completed in as little as 15 minutes.
All data is encrypted between the supplier and LRQA. The supplier is in control of their data and can request to make certain information accessible to potential and existing customers.
Why is it important for supply chain owners?
Farm Assurance Certification provides supply chain owners with a base level of visibility and assurance straight through to the origins of their supply chain. It also provides access to a wider network of remotely certified suppliers that may not previously have had the resources to achieve required certification.
- Greater supply chain visibility
- Improves your profile with customers
- Differentiates you from your peers
- Increased efficiency in supply chain management
- The unique open platform helps you to locate and identify farmers and to review their standards of assurance
- Targeted intervention to reduce risks
- Improved brand protection
- Location of new potential suppliers
Why is it important for suppliers?
The cost effective and easily accessible process of Farm Assurance Certification allows a wide range of suppliers to gain a recognised level of assurance, which in turn provides access to more supply chains and therefore the potential to increase business. It also facilitates a route towards full GFSI compliance and minimises risk.
- Puts your organization on the map
- Improves profile with customers
- Helps promote quality and safety of product
- The first step to achieving internationally recognised standards
- Potential access and pre-qualification to new clients
Farm Assurance Certification will be available soon. To get the latest food assurance and training updates straight to your inbox register here: