This two-day course will look at the key auditing skills required to conduct internal audits against ISO 45001 and how those auditing skills will help to manage your organisation’s Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) risks. The Internal Auditor course is available as classroom training or a combination of classroom and eLearning. It will provide you with the knowledge required to plan your audits and develop effective internal checklists to make sure you OH&S management system is meeting the requirements ISO 45001.
You need this course if ...
- you want to be an internal OH&S management systems auditor
- Classroom training
- Blended learning: a combination of online and classroom based training
You will learn …
- the role management systems and internal audits play in helping business manage their OH&S risks.
- an overview of the OH&S management system standard, ISO 45001
- the roles and responsibilities of an internal OH&S management systems auditor
- how to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- how to carry out your audits using the Lloyd’s Register 6 stage approach
- to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documents
- to evaluate audit findings and determine conformity, nonconformity and effectiveness
- to report findings accurately
- what corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
- how to follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken
You will need …
- Ideally to have attended the ISO 45001 Introduction course.
Your future development ...
- Audit report writing
- New Health and Safety Systems Manager
- OH&S Auditor/Lead Auditor
- Internal QMS and EMS auditor
- Purchase a copy of the standard
Course length ...
- Two-days face-to-face, or
- Approx. 7 hours eLearning followed by one-day face-to-face