The ISO 22716 standard defines the good manufacturing practices applicable for the production, control, storage and shipment of cosmetic products. ISO 22716 is a set of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Guidelines, and certification to ISO 22716 allows organizations to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding quality and safety for their customers and other stakeholders.
ISO 22716 certification with LRQA aims to enhance the safety of consumer cosmetic products through tight definition of manufacturing good practice across all elements of the supply chain by providing compliance to all of the recommendations of the Cosmetics GMP Guidelines through the production, control, storage and shipment of product.
In addition, certification to ISO 22716 provides compliance to all of the recommendations of the Cosmetics GMP Guidelines through its approach to documentation and regulation of the production, control, conditioning, storage and shipment of product.
ISO 22716 Certification under the AuditOneTM Initiative
The AuditOne™ Initiative is driven by the Foundation For Strategic Sourcing (F4SS) and seeks to develop a single set of quality standards and audit processes that establish a uniform harmonized standard for the industry. As a result, suppliers will have the opportunity to have one audit that will meet the requirements of multiple customers.
Under AuditOne™, ISO 22716 Certification has been selected as a trusted and recognized audit program for cosmetics good manufacturing practices (GMPs), intended to meet the requirements established by F4SS Members in cooperation with Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Unilever, L'Oreal and Estee Lauder among other leading consumer goods brands. The process is intended to create a broad and far reaching harmonized quality process for the FMCG/CPG non-foods industry.
LRQA is an approved AuditOne™ certification body, using the technology platform powered by Greenfence. Our experience in serving many leading household brands coupled with our cosmetics, pharmaceutical, medicinal, packaging, quality and consumer goods knowledge makes LRQA your approved AuditOne™ certification body of choice, and we’re ready to support your organization.
Benefits of ISO 22716 Certification
There are significant benefits in certification to the ISO 22716 cosmetics GMP guidelines. In addition to demonstrating your organization’s commitment to quality and safety for consumers and customers, additional benefits include:
- Demonstration of quality, good manufacturing, hazard and risk controls: ISO 22716 certification helps organization’s in their achievement of the principles of Good Manufacturing Practices and the control of hazards and risks associated with cosmetic products, ensuring continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Supply chain management: ISO 22716 certification is internationally recognized for enabling organizations to manage quality and safety compliance in the cosmetics products supply chain.
- Risk management: ISO 22716 certification is designed to help organizations identify, control and manage risks throughout the ISO 22716 audit process.
- Regulatory and legal compliance: Written by cosmetic industry professionals, ISO 22716 certification supports your organizations efforts to maintain current and anticipated future compliance with applicable statutory, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Process management: involvement from start to finish, including manufacturers of raw materials as well as finished cosmetic producers, distributors, importers and exporters.
- Easy implementation and integration with other certification standards: Organizations of all sizes and complexity can implement ISO 22716 and it also integrates well with ISO 9001 and BRC Consumer Products, for example.
Choose LRQA for your ISO 22716 Certification
- Experience - We are a market leader in the provision of cosmetics, packaging, consumer goods, safety, quality, pharmaceutical and household brand assessment, certification and training services, and some of the world’s best known organizations choose LRQA for their assessment and certification needs.
- Proven track record - We have high-profile clients in the consumer goods, household brands, packaging, food, retail, logistics, storage and distribution sectors.
- Consumer Goods, Cosmetics, Supply Chain, GMP and Quality Assurance Specialists - Our assessors are industry specialists and experts who are matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust assessment of your system.
- Independence – we are a member of the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a charity that helps to protect life and property and support education, engineering-related research and public engagement.
- Global assessment reach – we’re a global organization having certified organizations to quality, cosmetics, GMP, packaging, medical and pharmaceutical standards in over 120 countries across North America, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East.
- AuditOneTM – We are an approved AuditOne™ certification body and we’re ready to support your organization’s ISO 22716 certification.