The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety – first published in 1998 and is now in its 8th issue. The standard is for food manufacturers and contains requirements for a HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) system in accordance with the requirements of Codex Alimentarius, a documented quality management system and control of the factory environment standards, products, process and personnel.
The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
In addition to HACCP, the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety 8 focuses on:
- Management commitment
- Quality management systems
- Auditing good manufacturing processes
- Auditing areas that often have the highest rate of product recalls and withdrawals
- Developing systems to reduce exposure to food fraud
- Ensuring consistency of audit processes
- Promoting greater resilience, transparency and traceability in the supply chain
In addition to the core BRC Global Standards, the BRC has developed a range of additional modules that can be added to the normal audit process. Download and discover the benefits of this food safety standard.