This FSPCA curriculum is intended as a training tool to assist companies in complying with the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals” regulation.
This course is designed to provide an understanding of the new role that the U.S. Congress has defined for food importers under the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act of 2011 (FSMA). FSMA adds many new requirements to improve the safety of human and animal foods, and FDA has published several regulations to implement the new requirements. The most important regulation for food importers is the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs regulation (FSVP rule) that FDA published on November 27, 2015. This course will focus on explaining the requirements of the FSVP rule, and how importers can go about complying with those requirements.
This FSMA foreign supplier verification program training course designed by regulatory, academic, and industry professionals and developed in consultation with FDA as part of the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance.
Whether you are a US-based importer who meets the definition of an importer in the FSVP rule or you are a foreign supplier of food that will be exported to the US, this course is for you.
You need to attend this FSVP training course if…
- You are a U.S.‐based importer who meets the definition of “importer” in the FSVP rule, which includes those who own or are the consignee of food at the time of entry, or, if no owner of consignee exists, the U.S. agent or representative of the foreign owner
- You are a foreign supplier of food that will be exported to the US, you are a person who has an interest in ensuring that the requirements of the FSVP rule are met, including brokers, exporters, persons/business owners who currently buy food from foreign sources, and representatives of foreign governments
- You need a better understanding of the foreign supplier verification program regulation (FSVP rule) and its purpose.
- You need to gain the knowledge to implement the requirements of the “Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals” regulation of the US FDA.
- You need to develop and/or implement a Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)
- You need to implement an FSVP recordkeeping system.
- You need to attend an FSVP training course developed in consultation with the FDA.
- You want to receive an FSVP training course certificate.
FSVP training agenda includes:
- Context understanding of FSMA and FSVP
- Building the foundation for the FSVP process
- Overview and requirements for FSVP
- Preventive Controls and Produce Safety
- Hazard Analysis
- Evaluation and Approval of Foreign Suppliers
- Foreign Supplier Verification
- Re-evaluation of Foreign Suppliers
- Importer Identification
- Importance of Records
- FDA Oversight
- Compliance Dates
- Dietary Supplements
- Modified Requirements
- Preventive Controls and Produce Safety Overviews
- Attendees will receive an FSPCA foreign supplier verification program participant training manual.
Your future development...
- This FSMA Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) Training course can be delivered as an onsite event at a location and venue to suit your food safety team and organizational needs. To schedule your onsite training, please contact us.
- If you do not want or do not have the time to travel to a venue in order to attend the course, join us in a true virtual classroom using top-notch technology and enjoy a state of the art remote delivery experience.
- In our live-remote online courses, you will get the same content and activities that happen in the traditional classroom, including breakout group work, while saving time and money.
- You can attend from anywhere and all you need is a computer, a webcam and a broadband internet connection.
Public Training Dates
- Registration is available for this FSMA Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) Training course through the dates and locations below. If you don’t see a date or location to suite your needs, please contact us.