ISO 14001 Transition
CQI & IRCA Certified
You need this course if...
- You are a second or third party environmental management systems auditor wishing to build on your existing external auditing experience.
- You are a second or third party environmental management systems auditor wanting to learn about ISO 14001:2015 and how the revisions to this standard affect you.
- You are a second or third party auditor working for an organization that is certified to ISO 14001 and is transitioning to the 2015 revision of the standard.
You will learn...
- The structure of a generic management system based on Annex SL Appendix 2 and the implications of this from an audit perspective.
- The requirements for understanding the organization and its context and how they may be audited.
- The new and enhanced requirements for leadership and how they may be audited.
- The requirements for determining and addressing risks and opportunities and how they may be audited.
- The enhanced requirements concerning the process approach and how they may be audited.
- How to adapt your auditing technique to accommodate the new and amended requirements in ISO 14001:2015.
You will need...
- To have experience of conducting either second party or third party environmental management system audits.
- To have knowledge of ISO 14001:2004, which ideally will have been acquired by attending the LRQA “ISO 14001:2004 Appreciation and Interpretation” course or the LRQA ISO 14001:2015 “What’s It All About?” training course.
Your future development
- This course can be delivered as an in-company event for those organizations implementing and auditing environmental management systems with more than five auditors wanting to develop knowledge of environmental management systems, ISO 14001:2015 and develop their auditing skills.
If you are an Internal EMS Auditor, you are advised to attend the 14001:2015 “What’s It All About?” course beforehand