ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor
You need this course if…
- you want to audit Environmental Management Systems against ISO 14001 requirements
- you want to satisfy the classroom part of the formal training requirement to achieve certification as an IRCA auditor.
You will learn...
- the business benefits of implementing an EMS and the background to ISO 14001
- essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 14001 requirements
- the purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 14001 and similarities with ISO 9001
- the contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
- how to determine environmental aspects and impacts
- the importance and relevance of environmental aspects and impacts, and environmental legislation
- how to plan your audits
- that auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- to report findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 14001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- the certification requirements to become a registered audit/lead auditor with IRCA
You will need...
- knowledge and understanding of ISO 14001 and experience of auditing
- ideally to have attended our ISO 14001 Appreciation and Interpretation course
- to understand the basics of how organizations work and the role of top management
Your future development...