Business Assurance from LRQA is built on three pillars and extends the focus beyond the certificate to an assessment approach designed to help organizations meet their strategic objectives through:
1. Themed surveillance – LRQA's assessment team will determine the key themes and targets to ensure conformance while also providing detailed and objective feedback on performance.
2. Risk-based methodology - Risk-based methodology is central to how LRQA carries out all its activities. It’s a risk-based approach that allows our experts to tailor the assessment according to the maturity of your systems. We’re focused on making sure your management systems are appropriate to the real risks you face.
3. Continual improvement - continual improvement is a fundamental component of any management system. It ensures that an organization has the inherent capability to meet its obligations to deliver both now and in the future, providing confidence and assurance for stakeholders.
Meeting stakeholders' expectations
Businesses have many stakeholders: they include shareholders, customers, regulators and employees. All of these people want and need to know the business is run properly, and is protected from risk.
An important part of Business Assurance methodology is providing stakeholders with evidence that their interests are being looked after. That is why certification from LRQA is such a significant benefit: it tells your stakeholders that you set the very highest standards. At LRQA, we don’t just verify that systems meet the requirements of the relevant standard. We go one step further by providing ‘added value’ beyond what you would expect from a traditional assessment process:
- an impartial assessment you can trust
- insight into the effectiveness of your systems through the knowledge and technical expertise of our assessors
- enhanced credibility - LRQA is a globally trusted brand with a portfolio of internationally recognized clients.
How is Business Assurance from LRQA different?
LRQA introduced Business Assurance to the certification market in 2004. This initiative had significant influence across the industry, expending the focus beyond the certification to an assessment approach linked to strategic objectives.
We tailor our assessments so they match your business, its sector, its level of maturity and its aims. That might mean helping you achieve certification. Or it might mean helping you use your management systems in a far more strategic and meaningful way. It's about what is right for your organization, right now.
We look at what matters most
A Business Assurance approach involves focusing on what really matters most. We take a systematic approach in determining what risks your business faces, so we can tailor the assessment to make it directly relevant to the maturity and effectiveness of your management systems.
How do we do it?
With conformity underpinning everything we do, Business Assurance from LRQA turns assessment into a powerful management tool to improve and protect performance. By understanding what really matters to your organization and stakeholders, we help you improve your management system and your business at the same time.